Friday, August 25, 2006



The Continuing Adventures of Jake

Okay, first a disclaimer: There is nothing not appropriate for all ages in this post and certainly NO pictures to prove it happened this time. =) That being said, on with the story...

With my husband and myself being the only people who live in our house, the bathroom door being closed is always just a personal option during a shower. If you close it, it will probably be opened at least once if not four or five times to let all the warm air out of the bathroom. After several sessions in the shower hearing Jake shriek at the top of his lungs like he was dying being shut up in his kennel during shower time, Jake is always invited to join the festivities. He slinks into the bathroom and lays down slowly on the dark purple bathroom rug and tries to appear camouflage to his arch enemy Mr. BathTub. He doesn't move except to slink a little closer to the air conditioning vent in the wall when it kicks on. Sometimes Jake even brings Mr. Cow in with him to give him extra courage to face Mr. BathTub. We've had this routine in place for a good five months now. Jake doesn't lick you when you get out (as I've heard other people's ACDs do) or even try to steal one of his favorite toys, Mr. Towel.

So...last night I am in the shower and rinsing my face off in the hot jet stream. I jumped sky high and about drowned screaming in the shower spray when something licked the back of my leg. As soon as I could wipe the water out of my eyes, I saw Jake standing completely in the bathtub with me. He's wagging his tail and drinking the water fountain running off my elbow. I stood aside to let the shower hit him and he was done in a flash. Back to showering. Of course, now this has become a Game. Jake jumps back in the shower and I repeat the shower blast. Three times is a charm and Jake dives under the shower curtain but not out of the tub. The little booger walks forward in the tub using the shower curtain liner to shield him from the water and sticks his long pink tongue out from under the liner into the shower stream to take long, satisfying laps of hot water. After I scooted him out of the tub for the final time, he spent the last few minutes of my shower wiping his wet face off on my dry pajamas. He is way too smart for his own good. I told my husband we need to re-evaluate just how much the shrieking bothers us during shower time.

1 comment:

Fast Leopard said...

Axel too loves to be with us while we are in the shower. He will poke he head in and make sure everything is okay. We definitely make sure we close the door when we shower together :p He also likes to lick water and lotion if we don't watch out. What a clown Jake is. I am glad Axel does not shreik when we close the door however.