Thursday, October 25, 2007

Who Are You and What Did You Do With My Dog?

Jake and I went to agility class on Tuesday night as usual. Jake thought the tunnel and jump to the teeter totter was a blast and I swear I even saw him almost try to take the jump and teeter in one big jump. The teeter has definitely ceased to intimidate him. I got Jake offleash to work on our first set of jumps and tunnels. Then some other dog took over my dog's body and he stated VERY LOUDLY that he was not going to do agility tonight, he just wanted to shriek and play posture at me. The alien dog got a time out in the crate while everyone else took their turn. The alien dog got a second turn which was even shorter than the first turn -- back into the time-out crate. Our turn at the 12-obstacle set (we had to skip a few b/c it was raining) didn't go any better than the jumps. Halfway through the run, Jake took off into the bushes for a potty pitstop. His mind was just not there. Thank goodness Jake wasn't alone in his absent-mindedness -- his English Cocker Spaniel buddy Cosmo had a similar night. I'd like to blame it on a full moon or something but I'm not sure what made Jake lose his focus so badly. Oh, well, we'll try again next class!

No comments: