Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kissing More Cow Babies





Jake and I just got back from visiting my family in the mountains of NC and spending time with Jake's favorite babies, the little cows in the pasture next to my parents' house. Jake sneaks in tons of kissing on those furry, grody noses and this time I got licked by the baby cows, too!

The extra bonus for me was my brother, his wife and their two kids. Jake LOVES babies in all shapes and sizes and my nephews(age 3 and age 1 1/2) are no exception. Jake followed them around doling out kisses and clearing up under the table after dinner. Jake especially liked to lick the youngest until he'd cover up his face with his hands, thereby letting go of the death grip he had on his fleece blanket. Jake would triumphantly race down the hallway trailing blue fleece blanket making the baby scream and chase him -- game on! Jake would do something/anything and my oldest nephew would say, "Oh, wow, that's amazing!" and we couldn't help but laugh. My brother spent hours tugging with Jake calling it a workout. We went for walks in the cove and unfortunately for Jake he cut the pad on his back left foot and will have to miss his first agility class of the year.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Jake,
I missed you in agility class tonight buddy. I'm still holding you a spot in the special 12 group. I'm hoping you are feeling better by next week, so you can come play at my house with me and my brother.
Love,
Cosmo