Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cassidy

I picked up our newest foster Cassidy around 2 today, well, make that 3 after all the paperwork. The great news is that Cass is heartworm NEGATIVE! The first thing out of my mouth when I met Cass was "Hello, Stinky!" My gag reflex was kicking in fast as the smell of the sweetest, stinkiest dog. The second thing was "Oh, my, look at that blue eye!"





Cass is very curious and into everything. She pulls on the leash to look at things but isn't an over-the-top puller. She rode easily in the car and made no complaints. She's energetic but settles nicely for some cuddling and belly rubs. I took her straight to the tub and washed her with an oatmeal shampoo. She whimpered the whole bath but didn't try to escape. She has a short, fine coat with one tail spot and one spot around her right ear. Cass has about five inches of a tail. She weighs about 25 lbs and should weigh much more with her body shape. She doesn't know SIT at all so she is in for some obedience training at her foster home. I think we've pulled another very sweet but spunky girl.

No comments: