Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My heart was broken last Thursday when I had to put our youngest rescues to sleep. I was sick over the thought of putting the little girl Kiah down because of a possible neurological defect but when I had to put all four of her brothers down as well today I wasn't sure my own two legs would carry back to the car. All of the puppies had distemper. They kept kissing my face while I carried them in to be put down. I was already in love with them from the moment we saved them. Having spent 24 hours with them only cemented their place in my heart. It was a long five-hour drive home with an empty cage and five little collars. I knew one day I'd have to face putting down a sick foster but never imagined it would be these five six-week-old babies.

Eli:


Seamus:


Kiah:


Kane (right)& Deacon(left):

No comments: