Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jake's Birthday!



Jake is one year old today! I can't believe what a wonderful ten months we have had since getting Jake. It brings back all the memories of the day we got him. The moment I saw Jake I knew I couldn't leave without him. My husband and I had talked about getting a dog before but not at the present time. However, my heart melted and I even cried at the thought of not taking Jake home.



Jake got some Purina Frost Paws Peanut Butter doggy ice cream (NFI) in a new special ice cream bowl with cow's feet. His other birthday goodies were a bucketload of training treats and two big tennis balls. Jake loves to pounce on balls that are too big for his mouth and it keeps him occupied for at least 20 minutes so why not? In fact, Jake kept leaving his ice cream to paw at the tennis balls. If Jake's new tennis balls smell like peanut butter, we all know why.



The doggy ice cream is wicked hard so the bowl kept skooching all over the table so Jake logically began to put all four legs up on the table.



Jake blissfully kept licking at that ice cream. Tired by all the licking but not willing to give up (shocker!), he laid down to more fully enjoy the flavor. (And don't worry, folks, Jake's mommy bleach wiped the table after Jake got off!) So now we're off to PetSmart and the park for a birthday walk. Thanks to all my fellow ACD owners who gave us such good advice and helped us survive his first year in our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Atlas wasn't there for Jakes big 01! Atlas loves a party, he would have been happy to bring the gift that he gives to everyone (drool, with a mix of slime)! Sorry we weren't there, but pass on our love!