Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Agility Class Rain Cancellation
Here's Jake looking so sad with his Squirrel and Cow, stuffed company to help him get over the disappointment of class postponement. Round 3 of our agility classes was to begin this week but the bottom fell out of the sky. It was raining so hard that even Jake, who normally can dawdle outside in any weather, decided his bladder was not as important as staying inside the house. So we played a new game with the mini marshmellows. We're focusing on games that build a relationship between us and cause Jake to make eye contact with me frequently. Marshmellow Kisses involves me sticking a mini marshmellow between my lips. Jake slowly and delicately reaches out to take the marshmellow. Meanwhile, his array of whiskers tickles the hell out of my lips and face! It's hard not to laugh and drop the marshmellow. Of course, other games involve him staying close by my side so we did lots of Up and Downs, as my husband dubbed them, on the stairs. Jake already takes the stairs at top speed so getting him to take them and stay by my side is the goal of this game. Jake has a hard time regulating his speed to my slow human legs and I need him to pay attention to where I am. Jake's showing he understands the point of the game and hasn't tripped me up since the first time he did it. I'm pretty sure at this point that I don't need a gym membership.

No comments: