Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thank doG for Kongs!

After several posts describing my wild and crazy man, I had to brag on his behavior this week. I suffer badly from migraines and this week was no exception. Normally I get a migraine, take my medicine, go to sleep for a little while and life goes on as usual. This time my headache stayed for a week. I would get better than swiftly find myself back where I started. Jake would dive into the bed to put his head on my shoulder and snuggle up. He licked the tears off my face when I started to cry. He didn't bark but would use his whisper. When I finally needed a change of scenery, I curled up in the chair in the living room with Jake on my legs. He would sleep for hours, only moving to get closer to me if I moved. I roused myself enough to play a few tricks with him on the end of the couch and introduced Jake to the joys of chasing Kix cereal (NFI) across the living room. I tried to treat Jake for his wonderfully sympathetic behavior with good treats, especially his small Kong stuffed with plain yogurt, capped with a spoonful of peanut butter and thrown in the freezer for a few hours. Jake gets totally lost in licking, licking, licking and gets the funniest look on his face while engrossed in getting every last bit out of the Kong. As much as I appreciated the calm this week, I'm sure it doesn't bode well for agility class on Tuesday!

No comments: